Various brands all together

On one road, in Schaumburg, Illinois, is a Four Points by Sheraton, a division of Marriott, or something. Then if you drive to the next building, it is a Fairfield by Marriott. Then if you go in the Fairfield and look across the roof of where the pool and gym are, and attached to the Fairfield, is a TownePlace Marriott. What the heck?

Three Marriotts all right next to each other. It seems like there is not a lot of competition in the hotel industry.

I think that corporations have many unfair advantages over human beings who wish to provide a service and support themselves and their families. Corporations seem welcome to act without a conscience. And we expect them to do whatever they can to destroy competition and maximize their profits.

Plus, it was quite hard to figure out how to turn on the mini fridge; or, at least how to make sure it was on. I couldn't figure out how to turn the thing on so I had to take a picture of the mini-fridge in the Fairfield.

Now that we have built big chains of businesses and sort of conquered the globe, before we destroy it maybe we could find a way to go back to human owned businesses, where those people and us people are on equal footing in our justice system.

That is what I think.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog