The Stars and the River



 I was intrigued about the brightest star in the Phoenix constellation. It is Aanka. It is considered part of a binary system, where really only one star is visible because the other is so bright. This made me think of Albus Dumbledore in the Harry Potter books. Albus is well-known to have a Phoenix which provided the feather for Harry's and Tom Riddle's wands.

It intrigues me that, to my best knowledge Albus and Aberforth are never seen together in the books. They are imagined together; they are remembered together; but in the real actual happenings of the books, they are never together.

I also find it intriguing in the Half-Blood Prince that when Albus and Harry walk past the Hog's Head, the sign creaks though there is no wind. Is there some sort of alert system that lets Aberforth know when Albus or Harry are near? I also say this because in Deathly Hallows, Aberforth knows even without seeing him, that Harry is near. Harry is covered in the cloak, yet Aberforth opens the door and calls them in.

So here is another question. Does the sign creak as a warning that Voldemort is near? I ask because, as we realize in Deathly Hallows, Harry actually has some of Voldemort in him. So perhaps the creaking is a warning that Voldemort is near? That kind of warning or spy detector also might have caused Aberforth to catch Severus in the act of spying.

But back to the stars. Next to the constellation Phoenix is another constellation called Eridanus, which represents a long river. A bright star at its Achernar is said to be "at its mouth." I believe the name Aberforth is Welsh for "at the mouth of the river." Those two things seems to be connected in Aberforth.

These connections give me some hope. I was so sad when Albus died. Is it perhaps that he somehow transitioned into Aberforth? I have also wondered about their father. Did Albus rescue him from Azkaban? Sometimes I wonder if Mundungus is actually Albus' father in disguise.

Okay, that is enough for me. When I say hope, it just means, there had to be some continuing presence of Dumbledore during Deathly Hallows. A presence not entirely contained by his talking portrait.

At any rate, there does seem to be a timeless characteristic to Albus. In the first book, we learn that Albus helped make the sorcerer's stone with Nicholas Flemel. Nicholas is over 600 years old; so Albus must have existed in some form way back about 600 years before the Harry Potter series starts. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog