Water all around the Island

I have never been good at understanding science. So much of it seems invisible and it is hard for me to visualize invisible things. I realize how absurd this sounds.

But I think, sometimes, does the Bible have to be the opposite of science? I feel like there is a disagreement: is the Bible just a tale and science is real?

How strange. Many years ago I was in a play called "Inherit the Wind." I believe the main character eventually realized one does not necessarily negate the other. It was concerning the Scopes Monkey Trial. I played Rachel. The guy who starred in the play said, "Why is everyone so ridiculing of the Bible?" I thought about that because I also felt this disdain for the Bible and I thought I should not dismiss the book with disdain or an arrogant "know better" attitude.

By the way, because I have also never been good at understanding how to stay on the same topic, Mayor Linda Lingle was also in the play, which was at the Wailuku Courthouse in Maui. Later, she was the governor so that should tell you how good of a play it was. Okay totally kidding. I will have to write more later because I have lost my train of thought. 

Thank you for reading!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog